Sometimes we fool ourselves into believing the easiest “recipes” involve the convenience of opening a can. Convenience is great, but it doesn’t always have to come by way of a one-trick wonder.
Take the American favorite, Sloppy Joes. I’ll trade you that one can for three versatile ingredients for a delicious sauce that will help put dinner on the table without you having to scavenger for the can opener.
5-ingredient recipe elevates old classic
This short video showcases a 5-ingredient recipe that gives an old classic new life with the taste of California sun dried tomatoes. We've also included the details below.
- Start by seasoning and browning 1 lb. of ground beef (ground turkey, pork, or chicken would also work here). Remove from pan.
- Sauté 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, diced.
- Return the ground beef to the pan.
- Add 1/2 c. of your favorite sun dried tomato ketchup.
- Add 1/4 c. of a your favorite complementary BBQ sauce.
- Serve on your choice of bun or roll for a hearty sandwich or fun slider.
Traina's California Sun Dried Sloppy Joe Recipe is perfect for any occasion, including lunch, dinner, and casual get-togethers and parties.
Want the flavor and versatility of sun dried tomato ketchup in your kitchen pantry? Check out the links below to buy one (or more!) of Traina’s four varieties of California sun dried tomato ketchup.