Schools Out For Summer! It's the perfect season to introduce kids of all ages to new activities.
Being involved in helping to prepare a meal teaches kids lifelong lessons, builds memories, and provides an opportunity to talk and learn about the natural nutrients found in whole food. Traina® Home Grown award-winning fruitons® Dried Fruit Blends, Whole Sun Dried, and Dried Fruits are delicious, colorful, and an easy way to introduce fruit fiber and natural nutrient-rich fruit to your diet. With this easy recipe, kids can practice - following directions, measuring, stirring, pouring, and a bit of science and patience as they wait and see how 'creamy' turns into a semi-hard frozen treat.
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl combine yogurt and honey stirring until thoroughly combine.
3. Pour yogurt mixture onto the parchement lined pan, then using a spatula, spread the yogurt into an even layer. It should be approximately ¼ inch thick.
4. Sprinkle fruitons® Summer Dried Fruit Blend, almonds, shredded coconut and dark chocolate chips onto yogurt and press ingredients lightly until they are slightly embedded.
5. Freeze 3-4 hours or overnight.
6. Break into large pieces.
Store yogurt bark in an airtight container in freezer.
by Farm Girl Chef, www.farmgirlchef.us