Let’s face it — French fries really get the upper hand when it comes to what we typically dip in ketchup. But we think ketchup deserves more than just limp potatoes! Every bottle of Traina Foods Sun Dried Tomato Ketchup and Sriracha Sun Dried Tomato Ketchup is packed with four pounds of fresh Roma tomatoes that are grown and sun-dried in California, making for a bold ketchup flavor without the added sugar for which store-bought ketchup has become notorious.
Traina Foods offers an inspired list of the best items for dipping or topping, plus two new must-try recipes, that — of course — are designed to be dipped! While you may have never considered ketchup as a topping or a dip for the following, you just might be surprised how well it just works!
- Breakfast Burrito
- Hot Dogs/Corn Dogs
- Egg Rolls
- Fried Rice
- Grilled Cheese Strips
- Kale Chips
- Corn Fritters
- Cauliflower Fritters
- Soft Pretzels
- Jalapeno Poppers
- Potato Skins
- Scrambled Eggs
- Meat Loaf Patties
The list goes on and on — Traina Foods encourage you to get creative and try your own ketchup dipping and topping combinations. But first, try these yummy dippers created by the Traina Foods team.
Crispy Eggplant Fries
Eggplant “fries” with Italian-style ketchup — Give Traina Foods Sun Dried Tomato Ketchup an Italian makeover with a sprinkle of dried rosemary, thyme, oregano, marjoram, basil and salt and pepper for a an easy marinara-style dip for these delicious and healthy “fries.”
- 2 eggplants
- 2 cups flour (think whole wheat, almond or brown rice for healthy alternatives to white)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and prepare a sheet pan with cooking spray.
2. Peel and cut the eggplant into sticks; set aside.
3. Combine flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
4. Whisk eggs in a shallow bowl.
5. Dip eggplant sticks into the egg wash, then the flour mixture. Repeat.
6. Line the sheet pan with the eggplant sticks.
7. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until crispy and brown, rotating half way through the cooking time.
8. Meanwhile, stir Italian spices in to Traina Foods Sun Dried Tomato Ketchup.
9. Serve immediately.
Toddler Approved Veggie Tots
It seems kids under the age of five will dip anything in ketchup! So why not introduce them to some healthy tots, like these cauliflower and broccoli ones that are perfectly dip-able? (Hint: Parents who like a kick to their meals will love to dip these into Traina Foods Sriracha Sun Dried Tomato Ketchup.)
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Prepare a sheet pan with cooking spray.
3. Boil cauliflower and broccoli in water for 4 to 5 minutes or until fork tender.
4. Drain well, squeezing out any extra liquid with a cheesecloth.
5. Blend in a food processor or blender for just a few pulses
6. In a large bowl, combine all other ingredients with the cauliflower and broccoli mixture.
7. Using about 1 tablespoon amounts, form the mixture into “tots” or small oval shapes. Flatten for a crispier texture, keep more rounded for a softer result.
8. Place on sheet pan.
9. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, flipping half way through the cooking process.
10. Serve immediately with Traina Foods Sun Dried Ketchup for dipping.