Fried Sun Dried Peach Pie Recipe
These handheld pies can be eaten warm or stored in a container and eaten the next day room temperature and are awesome for a treat in the morning with coffee or tea, or served with ice cream for dessert!
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 3 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1⁄4 cup Crisco
• 6 ounces Sun Dried Peaches
• 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
• oil (for frying)
• Place flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
• Cut in crisco with pastry cutter or fork.
• Add enough milk to make dough, do not mix too much.
• Let biscuit dough sit for 1 hour.
• Meanwhile take dried peaches and put in sauce pan with enough water to cover and cook until soft.
• Add 1 1/2 cups of sugar and cook 15 minuts more.
• Remove from stove and mash with potato masher; set aside.
• Preheat electric skillet to 300 degrees.
• Take biscuit dough and pull enough off for one pie, roll it out thin on floured board. Take a saucer, place on rolled out dough and trim around it with a sharp knife.
• Place two big spoons of peaches on one side of dough and lap the other side over in half moon shape. Seal the edges with a fork.
• Fry pies in skillet until brown, then turn and brown other side.
• Drain on paper towels.
• These pies can be eaten warm or stored in a container and eaten the next day room temperature they are awesome either way.
Recipe courtsey of GeniusKitchen originally posted here.