Spring and summer weather beckons home cooks to ditch the oven in favor of the grill for the next few months! Why sweat away in a hot kitchen when things are really heating up outside? With this warmer weather and summer vibes come backyard BBQ parties and potlucks. Traina Foods offers delicious dish ideas to wow the crowd.
Holy Guacamole — Take this popular dish to the next level by making an avocado salsa using bits of Traina Foods Tropical Trail Mix Blend, diced tomatoes and red onion. Don’t forget to bring a bag of chips or thinly sliced jicama for dipping!
Super Summer Salad — A crisp and healthy combination of crunchy veggies, rich and tangy Sun Dried Tomatoes and slightly spicy radishes, Traina Foods Asparagus Salad with Sun Dried Tomatoes is the perfect low-carb yet high-flavor sharable salad. Click here for the recipe.
Spicy Shrimp Napoleons — Not only delicious, this Shrimp Napoleons appetizer is almost too pretty to eat. (We said almost!) With shrimp, celery, avocado, orange and a kick of Traina Foods’ Sun Dried Tomato Sriracha Ketchup, this is a rainbow for the eyes and a dose of healthy nutrition for the entire body!
Healthy Oat Cookies — For just the right amount of sweet after a savory meal, Traina Foods introduces a new recipe for “Happy and Healthy Oat Cookies,” which are gluten-free and vegan, too, for those plant-based dieters.
• 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
• 2 large bananas, mashed
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 1/2 cup dried cranberries, cherries, blueberries, an/or chopped dried apricots or pear
• 1/4 cup nut of choice, rough chopped
• 3/4 - 1 cup fresh strawberries, finely chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/2 pumpkin pie spice
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned, gluten-free rolled oats
• Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• In a large bowl, combine the mashed banana, applesauce, honey and vanilla.
• Fold in the dried fruit, nuts and strawberries, and then sprinkle in cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt and combine.
• Form 12 to 14 evenly measured and shaped cookies on the baking sheet. The cookie dough does not spread.
• Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let the cookies cool slightly before transferring them to a cool rack.
Regardless of what dish is presented at a potluck, Traina Foods invites dried fruit enthusiasts to think outside the box when it comes to summer BBQ recipes to share with the crowd!