Long Term Commitment
For over four generations, the Traina family has lived by the promise that
slower-is-better. It’s more than lifestyle choice – it’s the only way to capture the intensely rich flavor of our
California Sun Dried Fruit. A long history and a little patience make a big difference. That’s why we refuse to take shortcuts.
Traina Foods is committed to its roots still creating products the old-fashioned way, taking advantage of our rich Central Valley soil, mountain water, and the California sun. Combining 90 years of experience and tradition with the most advanced state of the art technology and quality assurance program is Traina Food's recipe for premium products.
Traina Foods believes in nurturing long-term relationships with people by working closely with our customers, our employees and our community to fulfill every commitment we make.
Sustainability in Action
Traina Foods is continually working to incorporate new technology and farming practices so that we not only meet our present needs but work to reduce the negative impact for our future generation.
We process over 50 million pounds of fruit each year by harnessing the power of the sun. In fact, we process more fruit for less energy than nearly any other manufacturer in the U.S. We’re also putting the sun to work at our reprocessing/packaging plant, where solar panels will supply 100% of our energy needs.
Traina Foods offers one of the largest lines of Organic Dried Fruit in the world, and while we continue to increase the acreage of our organic orchards and crops, we are always looking to improve and implement water efficiency by reducing irrigation runoff, incorporating new water drip lines and keeping the soil covered with vegetation or mulch.
Standards and Practices
With over 90 years of experience, our family and loyal staff have worked hard to develop and earn trust and loyalty from our customers by providing consistent quality, value, and innovation. During this time, Traina Foods has created extensive quality assurance programs that not only help us to produce great tasting California Sun Dried Fruit but products that are safe to eat.
We are proud to share that our facilities are BRC AA certified and accredited with HACCP based food safety plans. Our operational and quality assurance managers oversee a comprehensive food safety management process, and our team members are trained and certified in HACCP principles. View our BRC AA Certification
Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point is the food safety standard set by the U.S Food and Drug Administration.
- Analyze hazards. Potential hazards associated with a food and measures to control those hazards are identified. The hazard could be biological, such as a microbe; chemicals, such as a toxin; or physical, such as ground glass or metal fragments.
- Identify critical control points. These are points in a food's production--from its raw state through processing and shipping to consumption by the consumer--at which the potential hazard can be controlled or eliminated. Examples are cooking, cooling, packaging, and metal detection.
- Establish preventive measures with critical limits for each control point. For a cooked food, for example, this might include setting the minimum cooking temperature and time required to ensure the elimination of any harmful microbes.
- Establish procedures to monitor the critical control points. Such methods might include determining how and by whom cooking time and temperature should be monitored.
- Establish corrective actions to be taken when monitoring shows that a critical limit has not been met--for example, reprocessing or disposing of food if the minimum cooking temperature is not met.
- Establish procedures to verify that the system is working properly--for example, testing time-and-temperature recording devices to verify that a cooking unit is working properly.
- Establish effective recordkeeping to document the HACCP system. This includes records of hazards and their control methods, the monitoring of safety requirements and action is taken to correct potential problems. Sound scientific knowledge must back each of these principles: for example, published microbiological studies on time and temperature factors for controlling foodborne pathogens.
Growing and producing delicious, safe, and healthful California Sun Dried Fruits has always been a part of our mission. As leaders in the dried fruit industry, we are proud to share that our Organic line of California Sun Dried Fruit is growing and that we are certified by Organic Certifiers, which complies with the US Department of Agriculture organic regulations. This means that we meet organic production and handling standards. We follow organic farming practices, which includes the use of renewable resources and the conservation of soil. Our organic
California Sun Dried Fruit is produced without using conventional pesticides, and fertilizers made with synthetic ingredients or sewage sludge; bioengineering; or ionizing radiation. View our Organic Certification.
We are proud to relate that through every step of our process our delicious California Sun Dried Fruit products are 100% Kosher and certified under the supervision of ‘Vaad Hakashrus of Northern California.' View our Kosher Certification.