• An easy recipe - start with an off-the-shelf box of quinoa and brown rice mix
• Cook quinoa and brown rice according to the box directions.
• Hydrate sun dried fruit briefly (15-20 minutes) in warm water.
• While rice mix is cooking (approximately 18 minutes) prepare dressing.
• 1 clove of garlic, minced
• ½ cup of parsley, minced
• ¼ cup of mint, minced
• ¼ cup olive oil
• Juice of ½ lemon
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Mix in ¾ cup of Traina Fruitons® All American Dried Fruit Blend
• Top with ¼ cup of pistachio nuts or almonds. Serve while warm or at room temperature.
• Fluff with a fork if the rice pilaf begins to stick together.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Serves 6-8, as a side dish, or serve with lettuce leaves and wrap for an appetizer. Add nuts for extra crunch.